Re: engine vs california inspection

Theron Ross wrote:

> A while back I heard that up in the Los Angeles area they were setting up
> mobile smog tests on the side of the road. The idea was to randomly stop
> vehicles and put them on the rollers to try and catch polluters.

I read about these checks someplace recently (I've seen one once within about
a mile of my place too).  Apparently they are indeed "surveys" - they gather
data but do NOT cite anyone for smog violations as a result of these tests.
They are for gathering broader data to compile, NOT to single out individual
offenders.  Can't remember the source of that info but as I recall it was
someplace reliable (like DMV website or similar).

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA