Re: engine vs california inspection

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:01:58 -0400 "Scott F. Williams"
<sfwilliams@home.com> writes:
>Wow, I've been corrected even before my post (with contrary advice)
>even hit the list. What's the deal with California, then? All we ever
hear
>about is
>how restrictive the CARB laws are. How can one county be like storm
>troopers and the next be relaxed?

Its not as much about "clean air" as much as it is a way to generate
revenue from heavily populated areas. Think about it. This is "CA, the
TAX you and then TAX you ass again" state!
The smog laws WERE considered strict back in the day that NO other states
were doing emissions testing. Then the other states learned about how
much money CA was making and have been jumping on the bandwagon to CA's
level and then some. CA has not been the SMOG nazi state for quite a few
years now although the reputation still lingers.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!