Re: 2.0 and annoying car problems

more information:  with this fuel pump thread circulating through the list,
i realized something.  like robert said, the 16v fuel pump buzzes for about
2 seconds then is quiet.  my car is usually like that, but when the idle/full
throttle problems occur, the buzzing doesnt stop after 2 seconds ( i dont
know what that means though....)

the idle and full throttle switches *shouldn't* be the problem, since those
were swapped with the throttle body.

ps: i did find a ground (i think) that appears to be disconnected (looks
like it comes from behind the coil) and is supposed to attach to who knows
what

thanks for the help so far!
koabi

i figured i'd run this by again before i take my car to a shop:
my 16v rocco has this issue of not idling (have to keep foot slightly on
gas).  Full throttle doesnt work either (car will try to stall if i keep
it wide open).  the car smells really rich when this idle/full throttle
problem is occuring (and consequently is nastily slow on take off).  I've
swapped TBs, which did nothing.  Its a pretty sporadic problem, but seemingly
increasing in frequency and duration.