From: <koabi@email.arizona.edu>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 3:58 PM
Subject: 2.0 and annoying car problems

i figured i'd run this by again before i take my car to a shop:
my 16v rocco has this issue of not idling (have to keep foot slightly on
gas).  Full throttle doesnt work either (car will try to stall if i keep
it wide open).  the car smells really rich when this idle/full throttle
problem is occuring (and consequently is nastily slow on take off).  I've
swapped TBs, which did nothing.  Its a pretty sporadic problem, but
seemingly
increasing in frequency and duration.

Onto something else:
finally opened the 2.0.  Being a newbie, i dont know what to look for.
<http://www.u.arizona.edu/~koabi/images/scirocco> for some pics (yes, that
is dirt in one of the cylinders...).  What should be done to this thing
while its apart (gaskets, etc?)

koabi