Re: [non] New Winter Car

Ugh, head gaskets. :(
I'm daily driving my 'rocco and my Jetta is in my garage as we speak cause
of this.

Known issues with early to mid 90s VR6's:
Coilpacks - not an issue with your's, its probably got a dizzy.

Headgaskets - if your's wasn't replaced by now, get ready.  On the plus
side, replacing it with a MKIV VRG gasket raises compression significantly.

Suspension - generally way too soft for the weight of the engine and the
speeds you will want to drive it. :)

Camshaft Position Sensors - easy to replace, cheap

EGR valves - clog easily, hard to clean, expensive

Secondary Air Injection - pointless emissions system prone to breakage.
Leave it broken.

These cars are a blast to drive, and relatively trouble free.  Third gear is
especially strong.  Watch out for our friends with the red and blue lights.

Marc
95 Jetta GLX (busted)
81 'rocco S (rusty)