RE: Removing Rear Main Seal? [was: Need Fast Help: Stuck Removing Tranny]

For getting out the rear main, the $10 seal puller
from sears works good.

Does anyone on the list have a method for installing
the rear main seal.  I always get nervous doing this
cause its so much work to get back there if you screw
up.  I've used a hammer & a punch in the past.  Is
there a better way?

Tony