From: chris gonzalez [mailto:chris24g@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 3:17 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Removing Rear Main Seal? [was: Need Fast Help: Stuck
Removing Tranny]

you can buy a cheapo seal puller ($10) at your local pep boys or kragen
(or whatever they're called over there).
or do what i did:
drill (yes drill) a SMALL pilot hole through the seal (it's only a few
millimeters thick). then get a wood screw and screw a FEW threads in
(just enough to get a good grip on the seal) and then get a pair of
vise grips and yank the seal out.

chrisg
'82 8v
'88 16v