16V transplant

I am trying to mount the 2 computers in the rain tray area and route the
thick cable into the engine bay.  There is a hole in the bottom of the drip
tray area allready but intended for just drainige I think because there used
to be a rubber collapsable grommet there.  It points down very near the
corner (strut) and has a match on the otherside. (passenger)  It looks like
there is a round knock-out stamped in the sheet metal facing forward
allready that is very similar to the one in the 16v car.  Is this supposed
to be a hint for us converters?  How about a hint or two on the best places
to mount these 2 computer boxes.  Looks pretty cramnped in there.  I am
surfing for a picture, but most engine pics are from the front with a poor
view of this area.
Thanks for any advice here.

Ken
1979 Scirocco  "McFly"
16v conversion - Engine in, now the hard part
Electrical  : (
VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"