RE: Roll Cage rules ?

> Me too, (street modified that is...)

> My plan is for a Scirocco II, caged, 2l 16v t3 turbo
> programmable EFI &
> electronic boost control. Already bought the EFI, buying the 2l this
> weekend, negotiating on a couple of scoroccos... so im making
> progress :)

Cool!!! Good luck!

Just asking...
Have you considered whether or not you really want a cage? If you want it
for track days and so forth, go for it...safety is never bad! OTOH, if it is
a *dedicated* SM car, safety isn't too much of an issue. Then, you should
think about the trade-off between the stiffness a cage offers and the weight
penalty it carries. In my case, a mk1 Scirocco, I could probably still be
under the weight minimum even with a cage (and either way the decision was
made for me). In your case, a mk2 Scirocco, you might want to think about
that a little more...

> true, I am just waiting for 2002 rules to be published, seem
> silly to buy
> 2001 rulebook now, correct me if i'm wrong :)

True! True! My region was giving them away last weekend...

Neal