De: Mike VanAmburgh [mailto:E30@iLand.net]
Enviado el: Miércoles 28 de Noviembre de 2001 08:30 PM
Para: Scirocco
Asunto: Re: Speedo noise

I've had this happen with two Sciroccos (81 and 89) and an 82 Rabbit.
Each time it started when it got cold out and each time the noise
eventually went away.  Replacing the speedo cable will not do anything.
The noise comes from inside the instrument cluster (in my experience).
It starts out as a whirring noise, gets louder with speed until it
becomes a very annoying screeching noise and goes away when you reach a
certain speed.  Sound familiar?

Mike
82 Rabbit 2.0(sick)-T
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598447643

(shameless plug - heh)
click 'other auctions' for a nice Scirocco goody