Re: Jim Ellis VW VS. Forum Poster (long)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 06:24:14PM -0500, Calimus wrote:

> I can't remember who it was that said their friend was the person that
> posted to the VWVortex forums.

/me waves hand... A guy I went to undergrad with.

> Since I live in the area and have had my
> own experience with Jim Ellis VW I thought this might be of interest.

> "According to this Newsbytes story
> (http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/172455.html),

As a matter of fact, I just forwarded him the slashdot story linking to
that.. :)

> Since I read the post on the votex forums, I can say that other then the
> term "revenge", he said what he had to say very well and I couldn't find
> fault in it.  So maybe this could be some good ammunition for him.

I think the overwhelming publicity was the best ammo.  He has a meeting
with Jimmy Ellis himself this friday at 3pm, they seem to want to settle
out of court.  In short, George is going to ask for:

A public apology
Dismissal of the restraining order (as I pointed out to him, we both work
in the defence industry and getting security clearance is a PITA)
Reimbursement of ALL legal fees,
Refund of the $75 I paid for their botched CD player installation.
A blue/blue 225HP Audi TT hardtop. :)

> Now Jim
> Ellis leaves me phone messages every other week saying my rocco is due
> for maintainace. If they only knew I do in 20min what they take 2 days
> and $300 to do.

Next time, call them back and say that you won't do business with a
company that files frivolous lawsuits it's customers. :)  I had always
heard that JE sucked and avoided them, usually buying parts from
Adirondack or NOPI.  Only time they ever got my cash was when I needed a
clutch release bearing and clutch release finger RIGHT AWAY.

Dan

--
Lowery's Law:
        If it jams -- force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.