Jim Ellis VW VS. Forum Poster (long)

I can't remember who it was that said their friend was the person that
posted to the VWVortex forums.  Since I live in the area and have had my
own experience with Jim Ellis VW I thought this might be of interest.

"According to this Newsbytes story
(http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/172455.html), a CA
appeals court has issued a ruling that says that typical messages posted
to internet message boards can not be considered as libel or slander, as
they inheritently are framed as opinions and not as statements of fact.
The case stems from rather negative comments posted by defendants about
a computer reseller company on the internet; the company sued for
libelous comments; lower courts did initially rule for the company, but
the appeals court has overturned this. While not every message posted in
a public forum is safe, the court's decision seems to convey that unless
the message is framed as a form of fact, then any message posted to a
public internet forum should be considered as opinion, and thus cannot
be considered as a libelous comment."

Since I read the post on the votex forums, I can say that other then the
term "revenge", he said what he had to say very well and I couldn't find
fault in it.  So maybe this could be some good ammunition for him.  I
took my rocco to Jim Ellis once just to try and get the stock radio
unlock (damn security crap) and I was there for 4 hours to get the end
result of, "We don't know whats wrong, but you could buy a referb stock
radio for $130".  Needless to say, I gave them the big "Hell No" and
spent $125 for an in dash cd-player that also plays MP3's.  Now Jim
Ellis leaves me phone messages every other week saying my rocco is due
for maintainace. If they only knew I do in 20min what they take 2 days
and $300 to do.

William Snyder

88 Scirocco 16v
89 Cabriolet 8v