Re: Need Wipor Motor... or something (nevermind)

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:21:34 -0800 "Fry, Larry" <LEF@chem-tronics.com>
writes:
> Be careful.  If the nut came loose, letting the arm slip, then the
> spines are most likely damaged.  Just keep that nut snug.......
>
> Larry  sandiego16V

The splines rarely strip, usually they get filled with aluminum from the
wiper arm.

The fiberglass spot sanding pencil works great for cleaning the grooves.
You can also use a small pick...

I'd clean the grooves now, otherwise it's just a matter of time, before
it happens again.

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Free Rustfree Rabbit shell _____________________DO