16v Key Question

I was poking around a few local yards and to my dismay (this is very sad)
there was 3 16v Sciroccos  in there. One red, black and that tan champagne
color. All were in decent shape too with body kits and not bad interiors.
Anyhow I found in one of the cars one of those 16v keys with the light.
Light works and plastic is in awesome shape. My question now is, is there a
way to change the key in one of those things. This one isn't blank and was
cut for that car. I have tried pulling at it and no go. Anyone have any
insight. Rather odd question I know, but I nabbed this one for free and
would like to be able to use it. Thought maybe someone may have also nabbed
one of these and was able to change the key.

Thanks,
Chris