Re: Sacrilege?

--- Patrick Bureau <patricdlc@hotmail.com> wrote:

> did you 82 ever have AC or electrical windows on it
> (not very familiar with
> MKI's) but I think if you had those on the car you
> can safely use a 90A
> alternator on your 82.
>
> I could be wrong of course, but that is what all VW
> nuts tell me

1982 is a Scirocco 2.

It originally had AC & power windows - I removed both.

Changing the alternator to a 90a is not a big job, but
you have to get the right offset and you need to
replace the alternator harness.

I will do this after I get the new motor in :-)

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)