Bad/Good news, mostly bad

Saturday, November 24, 2001 10:30pm
hey guys, something happend last night. i was comming home from Santa Maria,
getting it on with some riced out BMW. we were holding it at 115 from about
Nipomo. when i got to Arroyo Grande (its about 10 miles from Nipomo), i
heard a buzzing noise, i look down...shit, my oil light. look at my oil
pressure guage...dead, nothing. i swerve to the off ramp and turn my car
off; im now coasting down the offramp. when i got to the bottom shoulder i
pop the hood. as i pull out the dip stick, its smoking a little. i think to
myself, "This, is not good..." i check the oil filter, its still there and
its hot as hell. look at the drain pan, drain plug is still there. no oil in
the engine compartment, or in my muffler pipes. i did, however, see little
whips of smoke coming out of my tail pipes when i was going to get more oil
(Kmart was right there). i pour a gallon of oil in it and wait a bit. as im
pouring in the oil, it starts smoking a little out of the oil fill cap area
and i think to myself, "Damn this engine got hot". now im starting to worry.
we let it sit for five minuets and check the oil level, at first it says
there is nothing, but new oil is impossible to see in the dark. i touched
the dip stick and there was oil on it, fresh oil. i turn the key...one
little turn over...then nothing. wait about 10 more minuets, doesnt even try
to turn over. so im like..."FUCK! The engine seized!". i live only about two
or three miles from where i was, so i had AAA tow me home.  thats the bad
news. the good new is that now i really have some guption to put in that new
engine. i also had fun with another car worthy of my race (at least it was a
BMW, not a Honda).

Monday, November 26, 2001
well today i went out to see how bad it really was. car would not even turn
over. i checked under the car for leaks, there were none. i also check my
oil level, it was double what it should be. i drained out
a gallon of oil (that was how much i put on on the side of the road) and put
my car in 4th. i tried rocking the car, and luckly, the belts started to
move. i am now able to push the car in gear for a little
bit, before i have to start rocking it again. i also have it turning over,
but it wont start. i will take the spark plugs out to see if there is
anything weird on them (i dont really know what the hell i am looking for,
they were *brand new* Bosh Platinums too!!) i will also see how the engine
turns over with the plugs out and if i am getting compression. does anyone
have any idea wtf happened to me that night?
could this be a failed oil pump? is there any electrical that could be
wrong?

-Craig

"Nightmare" '88 16v (in Critical Condition from a massive heart attack)