Re: Parts cars (on the soapbox again)

Well, here's my reasoning for stripping this car...

Yes, it's straight and with a little work, would even
drive.

However, it's an 8v, which I have no interest in.  It
has several body panels that I need for my 16v, which
is mechanically good and cosmetically ugly.  I can
take these parts off the 8v for *far* less than it
would cost me to go out there and buy all the panels
from a junkyard.  I also get all the little knick
knacks that I want.

I don't have a barn, or a large driveway to store the
car, and once I take what I want, I can't see keeping
it around even if I had the space.  I don't ever want
to have a junkyard starting in my driveway and I'm
sure my neighbors don't either!

Now if someone wants to resurrect the car once I've
taken my parts, fine.  I'll give them everything they
need, but that's their business.  It's a very
expensive project and one that I neither want nor can
afford.

If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to give you this
car once I'm done, you just have to come and take it
away.

-josh

--- Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- John Ryland <johnryland@mediaone.net> wrote:
>
> Tried to
> > sell it awhile back at $2,800 and no one even test
> drove
> > it.
>
> Most likely because, IMHO, that's just way too much
> for the
> car, unless it's very rust free.
>
> Anyway, my real question is - why are you guys
> stripping
> these cars?  Terminal rust?  Wreck damage?  Just
> what we
> need - sending straight / saveable 'roccos to the
> junkyard
> because you don't have a place for them...
>
> They're not building them anymore people - save
> what's
> left!
>
> My Monday morning rant...
>

> =====
> Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
> '80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
> '82 Pickup
> '90 Passat Wagon

> Yahoo! GeoCities - quick and easy web site hosting,
> just $8.95/month.
> http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

=====
Josh Wyte