RE: Funk on Da list!! (Long)

I just wanted to comment on the bit below taken out of Dave Ewing's Earlier
message

Signatures are spaming or not?

simple answer be yes if they own a store and are posting special of the day

simpler would be that ANY signature are spamming just because they create
extra data to be pushed to all and in most case no one cares to have them on
the messages.

Personal opinion of mine, I usualy have MY signature set when I create a new
message to a) Identify myself, B) because I a aproud VW computer dude that
just spent 11K on his 85 8v in the last 10 month working it, and built a
complete web site spending hundreds of hours HTML'ing nights to keep it up
to date and I want people to come an visit it.

I beleive that 3-5 lines of information, indicating name, location of
personal web site and details how to find this person for live online
chatting (reference to icq/msn etc) is not spamming.

So basically my vote woudl be if the signature is not 10000 lines long or
trying to sell you something, its not spamming

PS: if the mail server would actually accept 79 characters wide instead of
65, the signature coudl be shorten but that is a completly duifferent
technical point.

A Texan Scirocco = Patrick Bureau = Http://longcoeur.com/scirocco
1985 8v Prowler Orange GTX/Kamei Project
AIM: Patricdlc, ICQ 32918816, MSN: patricdlc@hotmail.com

-- Dave wrote ---
On one little side note, a while back we had a "To Spam or Not To Spam"
conversation/fight/thread on the list.  The end result was "Not" which
everyone seems to be fine with this since this is how the list was started
and wants to stay.  My question: Should people be able to advertise in their
signatures?  Is this spamming?  Just curious!!!