Re: NON Scirocco, Stupid Jetta Question

> My 1992 Jetta seems to have the same problem many other VW's of the same
> era with back doors have. The rear passenger side door will not open. I
> cannot get it open from the inside or out no matter how many times I cycle
> the door lock. I have even hockey checked the door from the inside while
> holding both the lock and the handle at the same time to try to get it to
> budge. Nothing. Is there some trick or something that will get this thing
> open or should I just consider it a non-entry/exit point of the car? If its
> any help when I pull the lock up it doesn't seem to go up as far as the
> other do. Perhaps something screwy with the lock mechanism/the box on the
> back of the door? Any help is appreciated and as always sorry about the
> non-Scirocco content, but that thing doesn't seem to break like the Jetta
> does. Stupid sedans :).
>
> Chris

I had a similar problem on a 4 door Golf that I was fixing up...

3 out of 4 door handles were broken, and the rear child locks were on.

I pulled the weather stripping away, and I toggled the child lock on the latch.

If you look at the other rear door latch, you'll see a small tab...

HTH!!!

--

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD, Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701                '79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505