Re: CINCY 2002 DATES - VOTE! (Was: Re: Scirocco get together 2002)

--- Craig Williams <roccolister@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok,
>
> So I bring up my plans at the Thanksgiving dinner table,
> which are...
> Leave Thursday night and arrive in Colorado to meet up
> with Eric.
> Leave Friday with Eric and whoever else and drive
> straight through to
> Daun's.
> Hang out the whole weekend.
> Leave Monday and take the southern route home,
> Visit some family in Texas,
> See the Grand Canyon,
> See the Hoover Dam.

The only change I'd consider would be to leave earlier in
the day Thursday so as to have some "recovery" time before
leaving with Eric.  'Course, Eric & Katy might be leaving
Thursday instead as well - it's a LONG drive.  The party
starts Friday mid-afternoon, would be a shame to miss out.
:)

> And my whole family tells me I'm totally crazy to even
> think of doing this
> during the month of June. They are telling me that
> (especially in a car
> without A/C) I would be miserable and uncomfortable the
> whole way. I have to
> say they brought up some good points. I really don't know
> what to think
> about the whole trip now.

No, you'd be miserable if you were doing the trip in
mid-late July.  Early June is generally quite pleasant in
the midwest.

And hell...   if I can drive my non-a/c black '80 10 hours
to New York for Waterfest in July, certainly you can
survive a trip of greater length but with lower
temperatures.  :)

Just my $.02!

(And one day I *am* planning on driving out to the west
coast for an event!)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos