RE: Funk on Da list!! (Long)

In a LOT of cases, we are acting as car
doctors and saying "Yeah, do this and everything will be OK", well what
happens when they do what you tell them and the engine gives (for whatever
reason), are you to be held accountable?

>> No you're not accontable, it is each persons responsiblity to judge the
answers they recive. If someone asks a question, and they get two answers
"yes", and "no, because of this this and this", they can still choose what
answer they want to accept (in that case I would choose no obviously).

Should people be able to advertise in their
signatures?  Is this spamming?  Just curious!!!

>> No I don't think this is spaming. The problem with spam is when it
becomes a hassle. Like when you have to delete 50 emails a day of pure crap.
As long as they are saying something on topic to the list in their email
then I don't see why we should care what's in a person's signature. Well
except "I love hondas", then well the beating will have to commence ; - )

I am NOT trying to start anything but only trying to stop the uneducated
suggestions that I have been seeing more and more of lately.  I realize that
nobody is perfect and mistakes are made (I think I made one once: ) ) but if
we claim to have experience and the list is to be ran professionally (to a
point) then we need to make sure our information is correct.

>>> Forgive me for I'm am not at all a veteran to this list nor to
scirrocco's, but I really don't think this matters. Someone tell me if I'm
wrong here. This is a "discusion board" not just a place to get answers.
It's always useful to see the view of the devils advocate (even if they are
not trying to be it ; - ). I don't have a problem with people that answer
questions incorrectly as long as someone "who knows" steps up and explains
to them why it is wrong. This list would be boring if it souly consisted of
expert VW mechanics just answering questions. I think people just simply
need to remeber to state why they gave a certain answer to something.

aireq
.