making suspension redesign plans...

Guys, my imagination is getting the best of me again. I am considering a
radical redesign of my Scirocco's suspension. My rally background has taught
me to treasure wheel travel. However, this car is going to be street-only
machine. As such, the car must run at a lowered ride height.

So... how do you lower the car and retain the travel at the same time? Well,
the answer is actually fairly straight forward and unoriginal. I will
relocate the mounting points higher up. I figure that I'll run camber plates
in the front and something appropriate in the rear. I've been told that such
an animal exists at Shine Racing. I have also been educated about how to fit
A2 struts/shocks in the towers. If there is enough room under the hood, I'll
do it. This could actually *increase* the travel -even with a lowered ride
height.

Hmmm... (scratching chin)
--
Scott F. Williams