Re: CINCY 2002 DATES - VOTE! (Was: Re: Scirocco get together 2002)

At 01:02 PM 11/25/01 -0800, Craig Williams wrote:
>Ok,
>
>So I bring up my plans at the Thanksgiving dinner table, which are...
>Leave Thursday night and arrive in Colorado to meet up with Eric.
>Leave Friday with Eric and whoever else and drive straight through to
>Daun's.
>Hang out the whole weekend.
>Leave Monday and take the southern route home,
>Visit some family in Texas,
>See the Grand Canyon,
>See the Hoover Dam.
>
>And my whole family tells me I'm totally crazy to even think of doing this
>during the month of June. They are telling me that (especially in a car
>without A/C) I would be miserable and uncomfortable the whole way. I have to
>say they brought up some good points. I really don't know what to think
>about the whole trip now.
>
>Any advice?
>
>-- Craig

I've driven cross country about 5 times, (4 of them Maine to SD Ca.) in a
GTI with no
AC and it was not bad at all(except the Death Valley area).  I wouldn't
worry about it
at all.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.