1.6Lengine updated

Well I did as everyone says and I got out there with my jackstands and all
that, enthusiasticly swung myself under the car and found, much to my
dismay, 1 inch tall numbers printed directly beneath the starter proudly
proclaiming "1.6"

without much else to say I think I'll go and lose myself in a drunken haze
for the next few days  :(

Jerry Carter
1.6L 81 scirocco Mk1

P.S.  any suggestions of what I can do to make power from this 1.6 or any
upgrades that I should do? I hope to someday hit the B.C. Rally circut with
this car but for a while I'm kinda on a shoe string budjet. any help would
be appreciated (and yes, I know that I just can't spell that word still!
I'll get a spell checker one of these days)