Re: 1.6Lengine updated

Why are you dismaying?  I would take a 1.6 before a 1.7 anyday!!!  You want
to know how to serious power out of a 1.6L?  Stick a 1.8L 16v head on it and
a 4K tranny under it.  This is what the racers do and they can get serious
power/rpm out of the motor.  I would DEFINEATELY make sure the bottom end is
in great condition first though.  There is a little modding to do on the
head before you put it on the 1.6L block and there may be some compression
computations to consider and possibly even changing pistons (diesel
pistons?) since the combustion chamber is in the head on the 16v motors and
it is in the piston on the 1.6L but this IS a awesome setup!!  Maybe even a
low compression motor with a turbo!!  IF you do all your own work, this can
be done on a budget too!!  So that means no more drunken hazes if you want
to go fast!! And, no drunken hazes when going fast!!  HTH!!

Dave