Re: 1.6Lengine updated

DUDE! he he,
If you have an 81, you have a 1715cc (1.7) and not a 1588cc (1.6).
It is possible (although unlikely) that someone put a 1.6 but I doubt it.
I am not positive (need to pull Mars into the garage and crawl under her)
but I think the 1.7 was marked 1.6 on the block?
Anyone want to correct me on this so I don't have to crawl under her (she is
kinda shy that way :^) )
The difference is in the stroke (1715cc/EN=79.5mmB/86.4mmS and
1588cc/EJ=79.5mmB/80mmS). B=bore, S=stroke.
Personally I like the 1588cc motor better than the 1715cc, even though the
1.7 has more torque the 1.6 is WAY more fun to drive.
Of course you could look around for a used TT 1847cc motor
(1847cc/EN=82.5B/86.4S) like I have currently in Mars.
I am considering selling this motor in favor of a larger (2035cc) 8V to go
in Cosmos after I put the (2117cc) 16V in Mars.
Time and money....the enemy of car restoration........too bad you don't live
in the NorCal, I'd share a 6-pack with you while we installed a real monster
in your Scirocco. :)
Ok...I digress

Randy