Re: Another motor mount Q

You might try loosening your front and rear mounts, and then tilting
the assembly as you mentioned, and tightening the rears.  There's
adjustment built in for that.

Ron

--- Ken <mcfly67@qwest.net> wrote:
> Well,
> I think this is the last one there is so...
> On my original '79 w/ the 4-sp and the 1.6l, the driver side trans
> mount
> had a longish brass colored bracket that had that round rubber mount
> in it.
> The bracket attached to the top of the end of the trans. via 4 small
> (but
> long) bolts vertically.  I inadvertantly put the donor 16v mount here
> when I
> just installed the 16v engine with its 5-sp still attached.
> Apparently you
> have to do this anyway and I just got lucky.  This newer bracket
> however
> attaches to the tranny by 2 large bolts that go latteraly through on
> side of
> the bracket and out the other.  As if from one front wheel to the
> other.
> This different bracket setup, though necessary, is making me think
> that this
> is why my front mount is about 5/8" to low.  Like the whole engine
> needs to
> come up a bit or the top needs to tip back.  (rotating, thus raising
> the
> front of the engine so the holes in the body/rad support lione up
> with the
> flat front bracket).  Is this a posible cause?  I dont really think
> so
> since this must be what everyone else did on the 16v conv.
> I'm sorry for clogging the list w/ my own incompetence.  I have pics
> of what
> I am talking about and can post if necessary.
> Thanks for any advice on this.
> Ken
> 1979 Scirocco "McFly"
> In the middle of the 16v conversion
> VORTEX "Indiana Red"

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

You will regret more what you didn't do and could have than what you did do and shouldn't have.