Another motor mount Q

Well,
I think this is the last one there is so...
On my original '79 w/ the 4-sp and the 1.6l, the driver side trans mount
had a longish brass colored bracket that had that round rubber mount in it.
The bracket attached to the top of the end of the trans. via 4 small (but
long) bolts vertically.  I inadvertantly put the donor 16v mount here when I
just installed the 16v engine with its 5-sp still attached.  Apparently you
have to do this anyway and I just got lucky.  This newer bracket however
attaches to the tranny by 2 large bolts that go latteraly through on side of
the bracket and out the other.  As if from one front wheel to the other.
This different bracket setup, though necessary, is making me think that this
is why my front mount is about 5/8" to low.  Like the whole engine needs to
come up a bit or the top needs to tip back.  (rotating, thus raising the
front of the engine so the holes in the body/rad support lione up with the
flat front bracket).  Is this a posible cause?  I dont really think so
since this must be what everyone else did on the 16v conv.
I'm sorry for clogging the list w/ my own incompetence.  I have pics of what
I am talking about and can post if necessary.
Thanks for any advice on this.
Ken
1979 Scirocco "McFly"
In the middle of the 16v conversion