My new 80

I just got a MKI!  123,000 miles with a bunch of bolt ons.
Here is the list of mods he gave me:

Black 1980 Scirocco
Koni sport suspension
  -sport shocks with matching springs
ARC alloy rims- 13" x 6"
Comp TA's 205/60 VR 13
Calloway front sway bar - lower sturt tie bar configuration
Neuspeed front upper strut tie bar
Neuspeed rear tie bar
Suspension Techniques rear sway bar
Polyurethane bushings front control arms
Momo-Jackie Stewart leather steering wheel
Neuspeed throttle body
GMP sport camshaft
GMP header
Liestritz free-flow exhaust system
Serck oil cooler - with sandwich plate thermostat
stainless braided brake line set
Cibie Quad headlights with high intensity bulbs and relays
Bosch driving lights with relay
Kamie mud guards
Rabbit/Scirocco Bentley

Here are some of the problems.  Rust.  I don't know what terminal rust
really looks like, but this car has rust at the bottom of the back
windows, at the door sills when you open the door and behind the rear
wheels.  It also is musty inside so there is some other leak too. (No
sunroof).  Currently this car turns over, but doesn't run.

The car is mine, but I need to figure out what to do with it.  I want to
give my nephew his first car.  I could give him this one or I have a 82
1.7 sitting at my parents house that needs a new head (which is sitting
in my living room), a muffler of some type, a side mirror and one turn
lens.  Which one should I give to him?

Kervin
80 1.7 new-to-me-tonight and not running
82 1.7 MKII and not running
82 civic I don't know why
86 8v could keep up with the 740iL on the turnpike today!