Re: New cop trick

At 03:10 PM 11/15/01 -0800, Dave Ewing wrote:
>I had heard of some type of rule/law that the cop car had be partially
>viewable for them to have a radar gun setup.  But, I don't think it is
>necessary.  What is wrong with a cop in hiding nabbing people for speeding?
>Whether the car is hid or the guy in the wheel chair has the radar, if your
>speeding, your wrong!!  Right?  How can someone who is speeding say "well,
>the cop was wrong because it looked like he was changing his tire".  The cop
>wasn't breaking the law, you were!!  Hey, if someone hit my wife and kids
>and even HURT one of them because they were speeding I would have to hunt
>them down!!  And I wouldn't care WHAT kind of car they were in!!  Just my
>opinion and I have no tickets!!
>
>Dave

I too have heard of this.  They call it entrapment.  That is why when most
cops are
out at night they at least have the parking lights on.  The ones I see
without them
appear to be on break or doing paperwork and not looking for
speeders.  Could be
total crap though, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary in 13 or
so years
of driving.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.