RE: Anyone looking for parts?/own work

TBerk's right.  You have nothing to fear but fear itself.  Jump in...

Larry  sandiego16V

-----Original Message-----
From: T Berk [mailto:tberk@mindspring.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 7:15 PM
To: L. M. Lloyd
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Anyone looking for parts?/own work

"L. M. Lloyd" wrote:

> OK, the only people responding are the big time do-it-yourselfers, so
> I will be the first lamer to step up to the plate. I do all the
> little stuff, and none of the big stuff. All in all maybe 20% of the
> work on my car gets done by me. If there is a problem with my body,
> electrical system, or interior, I will do that, but if it is major
> engine or tranny work, I take it to someone else. I keep doing more
> and more stuff myself, and I can't thank the list enough for all the
> help they have given me there, but I am really all thumbs when it
> comes to mechanicals, so the big stuff I leave to the professionals.
>
> I am however doing 100% of my own paint/body work, and designing all
> new parts for my interior and electrical system, so that has to count
> for something, right?

No points off. It's not 'Better' to do everything yourself, but over
time you get experience and many who start don't know how they could do
many things themselves.

So for those who don't pick up a wrench, but consider it, take heart.

TBerk

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.