Re: 220hp? [All this carb crap]

     Please see quick, unwarranted and embedded note....

Cheers,
Colin

On 14-Nov-01 UrGTI@aol.com wrote:
> SLOW DOWN THERE CHILDREN, MY POST WAS NOT ABOUT WHAT MAKES MORE POWER, CARBS
<<Snip>>

> reminder to keep an open mind and belive what you see and not think or
hear.
> I once remember reading that its "physically" impossible for a hummingbird to
> fly according to "laws". (or something like that)

     According to current (read late '40's) aerodynamic theory, hummingbirds
don't have enough wing area to generate sufficient lift to hover at the wing
beat speed.  The wing area is sufficient to generate the needed lift at a
forward airspeed of about 5 kts.  The formulas at the time (and to some
extent, still) didn't take account of some of the really kewl effects of
turbulence, etc.

> I would not use the 1.8t as a character witness in any good way. That motor
<<snip>>

     We now return you to the regularly scheduled flame fest...;)

Cheers,
Colin