RE: quick poll - MoMo knobs

Rich, calling your old shifter "cut-down" would be an understatement;)
I think a miata has a longer throw. IIRC, It was basically a shift knob
right on top of the shifter plate, or at least pretty close:)
  With a normal cut-down shifter (~2-4") and short shift even at 50% it
shouldnt be overly notchy, and would be less so with a weighted rod.  And
for you guys with the 5th gear throw problem, a short shift will make that
much easier to reach, cut-down lever or not.

Eric Person
86.5 16v