Re: quick poll - MoMo knobs

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 04:08:18PM -0500, Richard Deede wrote:

> Im pretty sure a miata has a different shifter setup than out sciroccos so
> it very may have felt really nice. I just know that on Sciroccos, it is
> *very* notchy when cut down and using a short shifter. Give it a try and the
> worst thing that happens is you take the short shifter back out. Not a hard
> job.

I found a weighted selector rod made all the difference in smoothing hte
notchies after addding a short-shift.  1.5 lbs of steel round-rod
tack-welded to the selector rod worked great for me.

Dan

--
When ya come out of those uptempo goddamn numbers man, its impossible
to make those transitions, and then ya gotta go into somebody dying.

		--  Kasey Kasum