From: thescirocco@juno.com [mailto:thescirocco@juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 1:27 PM
To: sirocco@telocity.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: dumb Dyno question

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:10:21 -0800 "Randy B" <sirocco@telocity.com>
writes:
> Ok so this is probably a real dumb question but.......
>
> When HP figures are thrown around in magazines for new cars and for
> modified
> cars which figure are they using.
> Wheel HP, Crank HP, other?
>
> Got my TT 1847cc 8V dyno'd this weekend and according to the guys
> running the dyno it max'd around 105hp (a few people said they saw a
spike
> of 110hp :^D ) at the wheels.
> I am kind of curious how this compares to the 123hp
> (crank,wheels,other?) that the stock 1.8L 16V has.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

That's about the same as a stock 16V Scirocco...

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Thanksgiving TT Stainless Special - 10% off & $10 shipping
   __________DO NOT!!!__________

[Disclaimer]This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal,
professional, or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee you
must not use, disclose, or copy this transmission. This E-mail is not
intended to impose nor shall it be construed as imposing any legally binding
obligation upon GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. and/or any of its
subsidiaries or associated companies. Neither GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics
Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or associated companies gives any
representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the
contents of this E-mail. GKN Aerospace Chem-tronics Inc. shall not be held
liable to any person resulting from the use of any information contained in
this E-mail and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do
anything in reliance upon it.