Re: cheapest place for 16v O2 sensor?

Hey, twist the wires together and duct tape them for all I care!  Actually,
as per Bosch, the correct way to connect broken/spliced wires with the 02
sensor is to crimp with non insulated butt connectors and use heat shrink
over the top.  Now the reason why is a little unbelievable but apparantly
the 02 sensor needs an external source of 02 to compare to the internal
source of 02 (in your exhaust) and it gets it through the black wire casing.
Since these two sources change so often it can't just compare the 02 in your
exhaust with some little pocket of stored 02 from within the 02 sensor.  I
posted this when I got back from the Bosch certification (BAPS1) course last
spring and got way to much arguing so I was a little hesitant on starting
this thread back up.  But, since I am only passing on what the manufacturers
reccomend, I don't feel any regrets to try to guide in the right direction.
Anyway, take it for what it is.  If you have had luck with soldering, solder
away but if you end up having a similarly strange acting 02 sensor I won't
say that I told you so.  HTH!!

Dave