Re: 16V A/C removal, keeping power steering...

Heres a crazy idea....
You could always buy one at the dealer if any of you dont have the cutting
tools.

I sourced all parts for my non ac non ps conversion at the dealer. Yes it
took some searching on the ETKA but I bet I have the only factory correct
conversion in the States. Oh wait I still dont have the "correct" lower
timing belt cover I think I will have to call overseas for that item. The
best part is the alternator tensioner arm and bolt, I have never seen this on
any VW or Audi ever its very unique. But since the bolt alone is $10 no
wonder.
If anyone wants to see a pic of it I can send you one or you can wait till I
put it on my picpost site.

Jasin
PS anyone see the sky blue early MK1 in VW Motoring (UK) , its worth a look
belive me.