Engine Change

I found a wrecked Passat with a 2.0 16v for $400.  The car runs fine,
but there is a bunch of body damage to the rear.  I've got a 1.8 8v in
my 86.  I want to do an engine swap, but it is starting to get cold, and
I don't want to have a car that takes a lot of fiddling to run.  My
thoughts were to just swap the bottom and keep my head.  I'd keep the
16v head and wiring for the future.  My biggest problem is that I don't
have a indoor place to work on my car and even though it was 65 today,
it is winter.  Anyone running a 8v 2.0?

Kervin