Re: Shimmy especially when turning left?

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:56:45 -0800 (PST) Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com>
writes:

>Well, this thought crossed my mind as it always did have a
>mild shake over 80 mph. Add that to the fact that the day
>it became noticable at low speeds I was racing a Honda on
>the freeway in downtown Dayton....    Guess I could throw
>on another set of wheels to see if the problem goes away.

A couple times now ive had a funky vibration with some smoke at 90mph,
then it got bad, then it went away. I pulled over to investigate the
smoke and found absolutely nothing wrong. As soon as I noticed the smoke
bollowing from the rear I thought for sure I had a problem and
immediately started checking guages. Everything checked out fine. So I
jump back in the car and resume cruize speed.

A few weeks later I check under the car to find NO passenger side inner
CV boot.
That splained alot.

Its easy to check too.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!