Re: Shimmy especially when turning left?

--- Allyn <amalventano1@home.com> wrote:
> Daun,
> depending on wheel diameter/weight, may be as simple as
> an off-balance
> wheel.
> check for missing weights.

Well, this thought crossed my mind as it always did have a
mild shake over 80 mph. Add that to the fact that the day
it became noticable at low speeds I was racing a Honda on
the freeway in downtown Dayton....    Guess I could throw
on another set of wheels to see if the problem goes away.

In reference to the other couple posts - I've jacked up the
front end and did the "shake" thing - didn't find anything
loose.  (Perhaps an ever-so-slight amount of play in the
right tie-rod).  Haven't checked the axle nut but that's on
my list tomorrow.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80, '85, & '88 Sciroccos