I second that - RE: Car alarms?

My 86 16v that I got a few months ago has a Derringer
installed (neatly, it seems) but the previous owner
did not have the RF units. My dilemma is whether to
try restore the one installed to working order (and a
$50 gamble on a remote). Or remove the wires and have
a new one installed (which could lead into the mess
Neal's speaking of...). If you're going to pay for it
to be done, pay the extra money to have a reputable
shop do it, when I was in high school, I came back to
pick up my car and found these hacks (Bay Car Stereo
in SF) dragging my old souped A1 rocco around the
streets of SF. Few times in my life have I ever felt
that assaulted!  ;) HTH, JT