RE: Car alarms?

Are you planning on installing it yourself? Be prepared for what you're
getting into.

I installed an Ungo in my car. Everything turned out great and it works
exactly as it should, but it took a LONG TIME (most of three days). There
were about 20 wires on that thing, and most of them go somewhere into the
rat's nest behind the fuse panel.

If you do it, TAKE YOUR TIME. Plan it out, learn how to read the funky
Bentley wiring diagrams, and then double and tripple-test your wires before
you cut anything. Also don't cut any corners when splicing: either solder it
or at least use good, clean crimping/splicing blocks.

There's nothing worse than a Scirocco with a messy wiring harness, IMHO. It
seems that there are a few people on the list who either inherited or
created a mess under the dash, and they are CONSTANTLY plaigued by
electrical gremlins, no matter what they do. Those who take extra care with
their electrical systems will have little trouble. (knock on wood!!)

Neal