RE: Passat 16v throttlebody on Scirocco?

The Passat automatic TB is totally different than the Scirocco one.

Passat is One Piece with the TPS potentiometer on the bottom held on to a
"D" shaped shaft by a couple of specific brakets.  There are two electrical
connetors as well.

Yes you can put it on a 16v Roc simply by swapping the throttle cable
linkage.

The GTI manifold will fit the Scirocco but probably won't clear the upper
stressbar due to the throttle linkage sticking up.  For an aftermarket
engine managememt system the GTI manifold is favorable because you can run a
cone filter right there on the passenger frame rail with minimal effort.
And it keeps things looking tidy.  For a turbo however, unless you run a
custom manifold (not the turbonetics or AMS one) the turbo out doesn't clear
the throttle body.  Although this can be solved by removing the firewall and
turning the turbo 180 degress.

BcH