Re: Passat 16v throttlebody on Scirocco?

This TB w/TPS has the same bolt pattern and throttle plate size and
position as the "large" TB from the 8V engine. It is about .5" shorter
so your air tube will have to reach a little further and you have to use
special very shallow head socket head cap screw to bolt it on (~$1.50 ea
from the dealer)
So, I think that means it will physically bolt to the 16V manifold.
The TPS that mounts on the bottom of the primary shaft is truly massive
and has a bigassed heat shield to boot and could interfere with stuff
(I'm not up on my 16V engines). But, the shaft itself doesn't stick down
any further than the shaft on a stock 8V engine. The two spiral springs
are wrapped around each other, instead of one on top and one on bottom,
to make room for the TPS. If you do what I did and remove the VW TPS and
switch assembly (>$100) and install a little inexpensive GM TPS that is
a perfect fit on the shaft, it ends up being pretty compact.
Disclaimer: I don't really know what a 16V Scirocco TB looks like. I'm
assuming it's pretty much the same as the 8V TB externally. If they are
different as far as spring arrangement and shaft length then I could be
full of a significant amount of shit.
Dan