Rich Deede, read! Chip info etc...

Rich, a chip won't help with top end power on the
1.8T.  Even with a chip the engine will be out of
breath by 5200 rpm.  The only cure is a larger turbo
like a K04.  That'll pull till 6500 rpm.

I think I caught that you're running an 020 tranny in
the car.  If so, I'd be very leery about chipping it.
I'm not sure the 020 can take the 230ft lbs or so of
torque that the 1.8T will dish out.  I was successful
in running an 020 with my stage 3 G60, but I had 180
ft lbs of torque at the wheels, not the 220 ft lbs
that a chipped 1.8T can generate.  Definately make
sure you have the bolt kit installed and even better a
quaife before you add the power...

-josh
Audi A41.8TQ, K04'd  :-)

=====