Re: Oil Light

My friend had this problem with his 1982 8V.  I believe it was the dynamic
oil pressure warning system--an "L" shaped printed circuit embedded in the
speedo.  We replaced the cluster in his car and everything went away.  His
problem was more sporadic and random than just on hard turns; it would
happen anytime at all.  The DOPWS is not hard to swap.  You could more
easily swap a whole cluster, though.  I am assuming this is the problem.

You could also replace the low pressure sensor located in the cylinder head.
223 kilomiles is a lot, though.  That engine might be ready for
retirement--at least a new pump if you think it still has lots of life.

Jonathan Pack
pack.39@osu.edu
www.prohibition.org