From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Shawn C Meze
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 7:08 PM
To: adaml701@yahoo.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: empty the fuel tank

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 14:07:03 -0500 "adam lefevre" <adaml701@yahoo.com>
writes:
>how can I empty the fuel tank on my scirocco without taking everything
>apart
>or siphoning it out? I tried to siphon it out for an hour with 2
>different
>methods and I got nothing. There's at least 3-4 gallons in it that
>needs to
>be drained.
>
>adam
>86 8v

Hmm, tough one. No taking everything apart or siphoning it out, eh?
Ok...

1) Ice pick. Stab-stab-stab the bottom. It will drain every drop.
2) Gun. Same method. (Might be trouble in city limits...)
3) Open gas cap, tip car on side.

Those are my top 3 fun ways. I bet you just MIGHT be looking for a more
non-destructive way.

4) disconnect the warm up regulator and jumper the fuel pump. Let it run
the fuel into a container.
5) Run the motor. (Drive the car. round da blok ya goez.... where ya
stops.... nobody knows.....)

Go with that kid.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!