Re: Was lug bolts, now US vs. German engineering

I like VWs because they are easy to work on and have character.  They are
nicely engineered and (atleast the cars that we mess with) are better,
overall, than the other cars you had to choose from in their era and price
range.  Remember in the late 70s and all of the 80s all the problems Audi
was having?  Well, it is rather impressive that their counterpart, VW, did
very well in that era and look at them now!!  Planning on a supercar, luxury
cars, etc. and to think it all started out with that beetle.  I think the VW
phenomenon is also what I enjoy about our cars.  Not to mention the
swappability of newer parts into older cars and vice versa.  I really don't
care how they compare to other cars (although they hold their ground)
because it's the character, simplicity, and history that has won me over!!
Besides, no one has beat me yet!!!

Dave
V6 Integra eater, 5.0 Mustang muncher, Taurus SHO blaster, Jaguar killer,
Mistubishi trashing, Turbo stopping, Vtec smoker, Type R smashing 77 Rabbit
2.0L 16v