Re: Very interesting

I always thought that the ideal setup for a non A/C car was to have the
Jetta/Golf 16v radiator and install 90 amp 8v alternator in the 8v spot so
you 1. didn't loose cooling, 2.  didn't have to use that expensive 16v
Scirocco upper hose 3.  shorter belt so it doesn't squeak and stretch on you
all the time.  LMK if I am wrong but that is what I was shooting for on my
car.  That and maybe a serpentine belt someday when I find the right parts.

Dave