US vs. German engineering

deep breath... counting to 5... and here I go..

Amrican cars, I have owned a
1976 Pontiac ventura hatch back with a inline 6 cylinder thing kept on
running to the ground, body panel rust was a major issue on this model,

My maverick 71 was a project and a monster with a 340 chrysler engine 9s
speedter and that engine never let me down once...

79  Buick Regal, comfy ride, great for highways, engine sort fo reliable,
trannies where an issue on these model (nothing like a fly wheel cutting
through the inside of cockpit cutting teh gaz pedal that sends shivers to a
person sitting in teh said cockpit.)

Mustang 67 GT350 convertible, was a great car drove it to the ground, and
still sold it in its decrepid state in 78 for 7K, and paid for 2/3 of teh
price of my next car

a new 78 Mustang 302 ghia II, which was horrible to drive, overpower, lousy
steering and weight transfer rate in turns (can you spell spin-outs).

an 89 4 door civic, which was my first ever experience of driving front
wheel drive after so many years of RWD cars, and well. in 6 months of time,
I trashed teh car 4 times, twice it was totaled and replaced by a new car,
on the 4th time I drove it from new lot to used lot and told the dealer to
sell it and I cut my losse on that puppy.

a 1978 mercedes 280CE, A Tank, powerful twin overcam 24v 6 cylinder...
wonderfull car... mechanically or body wise.

a 1998 Jeep Cherokee (swapped by wife for her Scirocco) Using it to pull a
two horse trailer.

I entered teh scirocco world in 1999 with a beaten down, un-maintained in 7
years (not even an oil change...gawd!) 1985 Scirocco. To be honest though
there has been up and down throughtout the years. I think that the german's
(to quote my brother) built their cars like messerchidts (war plane) good
mechanic, takes a beating, keeps on ticking and erven with only basic
matainance they will fly once again.

   /   |/_  __/ ___/  A Texan's Scirocco 1985 8v
  / /| | / /  \__ \   http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco
/ ___ |/ /  ___/ /   (AIM) patricdlc, (ICQ) 32918816